Internal Sales Estimator
WORKING HOURS: (Core hours) 36hrs per week. 08:30-17:00 Mon-Thurs / 08:30-12:30 Fri
To use experience and knowledge in order to review RfQs (Requests for Quotations) and enquiries, prepare estimates, and submit quotations to Street Crane customers (end user) & official distributors. To engage with our existing customer base, develop new contacts and leads, plus ensure a high level of overall customer satisfaction.
- Office-based role working as part of the Street Crane sales team
- Preparing & submitting quotations for customers & distributors
- Use of Street Crane Estimating Software and associated estimating programmes
- Liaising directly with customers by telephone & email to understand enquiry requirements
- Offering sales support to Street Crane customers where necessary
- Building strong relationships with Street Crane customers & distributors
- Communicating regularly with Sales Area Managers to help identify new business opportunities, provide feedback on quotations, & share relevant information
- Updating Street Crane software systems with customer contact information, new enquiries, & quotations
- Processing new orders onto the business system and effectively communicating the as-sold requirements to the design and operational departments
- Carrying out additional administration duties as and when required
- An understanding and interest in engineering and the built environment
- Computer literate with a strong understanding of MS Office products
- Excellent communication skills & professional telephone manner
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to perform well as part of a team
- A strong capacity to work to own initiative and problem solve
- Punctual with very good time-management skills
- Professional with a positive approach to challenges and problems
The ideal candidate will be an experienced estimator with the ability to effectively and confidently communicate with new contacts to sell the company’s products and services – however please note that we are not necessarily looking for the finished article and if we feel you are the right candidate, we will support you with any training/mentorship required to achieve these skills.
Computer literacy and experience of working with MS Office is essential, experience of using CAD, ERP (Unity), and customer relationship management software is desirable. You will be positive, passionate, organised, and diligent with the ability to learn and, most importantly, take an interest in new products and industries.
Any previous experience of in the field of manufacturing or engineering would be a strong advantage. You will have a full UK driving license and may occasionally need to travel and stay away from home.
BENEFITS TO YOU:
- Competitive salary
- Pension with salary sacrifice scheme
- 5 day working week
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to a pool car as and when required
If this opportunity sounds like something you would like to explore further, please submit your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to: email@example.com
Alternatively, if you would like to have an informal chat about this opportunity please contact Sue Hall, HR Manager on +44 7989 133 627