Mechanical Design Engineer / Draughtsperson
Production of overhead crane arrangement drawings and detailed manufacturing drawings to support our UK crane business and global distributors network.
- Process a specification from sales department
- Produce mechanical design drawings, general arrangements and detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Select and specify the appropriate mechanical components and input into company MRP system
- Issue completed designs to production
- Liaise with customer to provide the appropriate mechanical documentation
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing department as required
- Work within company Quality and Safety procedures
- Compliance with all relevant company procedures
- Visits to UK customer sites may be required to measure for new overhead cranes and gather the appropriate technical information
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified to HNC level or equivalent in mechanical engineering
- Experience in steel fabrications and a good understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrate ability to use CAD systems
- Ability to draft mechanical design diagrams
- Ability to work at heights
- Be available to visit UK customer sites
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel etc.)
- Full UK driving licence
- Degree qualified or equivalent in mechanical engineering
- Proficient in CAD systems, ideally SolidEdge
- Be used to working to National Standards.
- Experience in overhead cranes or similar material handling environment.
- Results orientated
- Team player
- Effective learner
- Personally motivated
Core hours 34hrs per week.
Mon-Thur 9:00-17:00, Fri 9:00-16:00
with flexibility to work additional hours as the business requires
Closing date for this vacancy: 28th June 2021
If this sounds like you and you wish to apply: please submit your CV along with a covering letter including your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you would like to have an informal chat about this opportunity please contact Sue Hall, HR Manager on 01298 816896